Thursday, October 11, 2007

Hats off to my new blog

Hi, kind reader. I'm Susan.

So, what should I share about myself right off? So much of my identity is tied to being a redhead who is into art and being creative. I think that's why I wanted to start a blog, as a method to propel myself toward getting back to my nature and creating on the level I should be. If I write about it, perhaps I'll actually make time for it as I should.

Perhaps you can understand my need to be creative and expressive. It's always been a part of my life, a part I need to listen to more when it nags at me - which is often. I feel unfulfilled if I haven't created something in too long. That something could be a drawing, painting, craft project, song, etc. I used to be very involved in theatre, but it's a difficult activity to pursue in Atlanta, because there are so many professional theatres and community theatres are not close enough. Luckily, I think I get my artistic "performance" needs met through participation in Octave, a women's a cappella group here in Atlanta. Here's our site: www.myspace.com/octaveatlanta.

Here's a list of things I find fulfilling:

  • Painting
  • Drawing
  • Doodling
  • Watching HGTV
  • Cooking
  • Hanging out with my husband
  • Hanging out with our dog
  • Drinking tea (mostly herbal)
  • Hiking/Walking
  • Socializing
  • Singing
  • People watching - though I have to be in the right mood
  • Meditating
  • Writing
  • Reading, particularly historial fiction and well-written novels
  • Going to church
  • Hanging out with friends
  • Volunteering
  • Traveling

Well, the list could go on and on, but that's a start. It's a good thing to have a lot of interests, I think. :)

Artistic goals for the next while (which can be anywhere from 1 day to 1 year):
  1. Work on my paintings
  2. Decorate our new house
  3. Figure out how to finish the novel I've been working on for the last 5 years (it's been on major back burner!)
  4. Christmas cards/we've moved cards
  5. Decorate for Christmas (I know, it's October, but still it's on my list!)
  6. Plan our House Warming

This weekend, we're going to Helen, GA for Oktoberfest (which is fantastic!). We're so excited! We're taking our friends Kelly and Beau, so that will make a fun time even more fun! We plan to go hiking, eat at one of the biergartens, and enjoy the festivities in the Fest Halle! Then, Octave is singing on Sunday at the Brookhaven Arts Festival. Should be a fun weekend. :)

More tomorrow,
Susan

No comments: